MY BLOG HAS MOVED!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://supakid.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks! See ya there!!! :D

Mar 5, 2009

SPEAK THE TRUTH

PLEASE
Read this if your design oriented or at least you HTINK you are
it may help clear some things that re needed to be spoken about.

straight from the HIPSTER RUNOFF blog:


Sometimes I see images that are constructed for mainstreamers that they are probably supposed to think ‘looks cool’, but since I am so design-aware, I can’t help but think it looks tacky and uninspired. So while a person over the age of 35 will think ‘whoa–how did they get all of those players on that magazine cover? Totes looks like they are going after 1 ball…’ I think it is stupid because they just created a bunch of layers in Adobe Photoshop. Not very impressive, yall. coulda made that cover as the project for my first class at college–Photoshop 101: for design majors and non majors.

I kinda h8 how my design school education makes me enjoy stuff that is ’supposed to look cool’ a lot less. Every time I see a flyer, an advertisement, a webpage, or a commercial, I know exactly how it is made since I am skilled at every Adobe Design Suite Program. So while images might ‘look interesting’, the process behind them seems so EZ 2 replicate that I am just way above it. Sometimes I feel like I need 2 ‘ditch technology’ and only design authentic things by manually cutting and pasting things together, but I am 0% skilled and kraftwerk.

It’s like u see a video of a kid AZN who can make all of these ‘amazing effects’ and then u realize that this standardized technology has gimmicked us 2 think that we are able to better express ourselves’ because the bottleneck of creativity has widened just cuz we have more tools, but still kinda just express the same shittie concept/topics + implement lamer aesthetics.

h8 creative azns. Isn’t it kinda funnie how teachers in high school are probably making poorly informed decisions to encourage kids who can ‘make laser fight videos’ to pursue a career in the arts/film, when there is actually a supersaturated market of ‘tweens who have an inaccurate self-concept in which they tell themselves that they are unique and creative because their parents bought them a high-end computer’?
(h8 tweens who brand themselves as ‘creative’ so that they don’t have to take Calculus/physics/math/science/etc)

Is Adobe + Apple bad for kids? Should ppl only be allowed to ‘make art’ after they are done with college because their ideas ‘probably suck’ b4 then, and u should save them the humiliation of displaying their naivety in a piece of work that will last 4ever?

<3/h8>

Adobe gives creativity 'a new life.'
Without the Adobe Creative Suite, I would not be able to make art/design/memes.
Without the internet, I wouldn't get the feedback from my 'art' which would give me the positive reinforcement that is necessary to 'keep going.'

Dear Lord,
Thank u 4 Adobe. I will use u. But when I create ‘art’, I will make sure to not make it so obvious that I utilized ur functionality, and try 2 have my ‘art’ exist in its own space to be evaluated. I value ur product, but I don’t want ppl to evaluate my technical skills in the final product.
Best,
Carles
Parsons / Pratt Class of 2011

No comments: