MY BLOG HAS MOVED!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://supakid.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks! See ya there!!! :D

Feb 15, 2009

MMM


My initial post was going to be about Hervé Léger on his 09 collection at the Mercedes Benz fashion week. Realllyyy loved the collection. Simplicity and details. Some of the forms of the dresses reminded me on the basic silhouettes on McQueen's dresses in his controversial animal Paris runway show.



Still as I changed my mind and decided to shift the focus of the post to Maison Martin Margiela. First of all, his site really took me back to '98 or '99 when web pages where really basic and navigating the site meant going through little folder icons back and forth, that was a treat :P. A well made video on Dazed and Digital left me wanting to share it here. I've seen Margielas designs before and I've always been a fan, but the video pays special detail to the pieces and just portrays them in a way that enhances the collection even more. Below are a few pics of the The 20th anniversary show and you can see the video here.


No comments: